Taught by our own Academy Graduate and Secretary of the Board, Silvia Smart
Here’s what you can count on learning
- To be Fearless!
- Facts, statistics & real information about sexual assault and other crimes
- Dispel prevalent street legends that cause unnecessary anxiety
- Watch yourself relax as knowledge replaces myths
- Find Solidarity!
- The space to speak and be heard brings engagement and connection
- Find affinity and empathy
- Learn deeper cooperation and mutual support
- Be Unstoppable!
- Exposure to and practice of breathing, body language, verbal and physical techniques
- Exhilaration, fist pumps and cheering
- Deep gratifying sighs follow us as we head back into the world.
What to wear
- Wear clothing and shoes that let you move and walk/run.
- Plan to get a little sweaty and plan to have a lot of fun.
Silvia’s Street Cred:
- Sixth degree Black Belt – over three decades of teaching and training
- Master’s Degree in Education with a focus on special needs
- Self Defense Teacher Training & Certification Program Graduate 1991
- Instructor at PAWMA (Pacific Area Women Martial Artists) Camp 2019
- Member of AWMAI (Association of Women Martial Arts Instructors)
- Owner, Naga Martial Arts | Self Defense | Community
You’ll need to register with Antonia between October 1 – 31, so we know you are coming.
Water and light snacks will be provided, but feel free to bring your own water bottle.