The FBI Citizens Academy is a stimulating six- to eight-week program that gives business, religious, civic, and community leaders an inside look at the FBI. During the academy, students gain insight into the structure and operation of FBI field offices and resident agencies and learn the services the FBI provides to local and state law enforcement agencies. It is the goal of the FBI Citizens Academy to foster a greater understanding of the role of federal law enforcement in the community through frank discussion and education.
The academy will be held on Thursday evenings from 6:30pm - 9:00pm
- Check in each Thursday will be from 6:00pm - 6:30pm
- Presentations will be from 6:30pm - 9:00pm
The Academy will be held at the Portland Division FBI building:
- 9109 NE Cascades Parkway
- Portland, Oregon 97220
The full scope of the academy will look as follows (board members to attend):
- 09/12 – CA Class (Claude, Eric, Lisa, Maggie)
- 09/19 – CA Class (Eric,Kathy, Lisa, Rona)
- 09/26 – CA Class (Eric, Kathy, Kelly, Lisa)
- 10/04 (Friday) RANGE DAY (Claude, Eric, Kathy, Michelle, Silvia)
- 10/10 – CA Class (Eric, June, Kathy, Kelly)
- 10/17 – CA Class (Eric, Lisa, Michelle)
- 10/24 –CA Class (Eric, Lisa, Michelle)
- 10/28 – (Monday) Graduation Banquet at Lagunitas Community Room, 237 NE Broadway, Suite 300, Portland, OR. Friends and family are welcome to attend.
Deadline for submission of nomination forms is May 15, 2019.
Nomination forms are now available here or you can contact us here (this form is electronic only)
Congratulation notifications for those selected will be sent out the week of June 10, 2019.
If selected to attend, you will be sent an application form (via email) which will get us started with your background check. Part of the background check will include obtaining fingerprints from your local police department or here at our office. Fingerprinting at the Portland FBI office will be by appointment only. (Deadline to get all required information turned in is July 5, 2019).
Thank you and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.